Thursday, April 21, 2011

Family Night And Vampires


The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second SeasonMy daughters are fourth generation vampire fans.  They've inherited their love of vampires from me, and I inherited it from my grandmother.  She got me hooked on vampires before they were pulsing in the mind of every tween, teenager, and young-at-heart closet watcher who won't admit they're a fan was even paying attention.

On my overnights to Grandma's I would snuggle up next to her and watch the old black and white classics with Vincent Price and get scared out of my mind.  I also loved every minute of it.  Those are memories I will treasure forever.

Now it's my turn, and I get to make the memories with my daughters.  Every Thursday night, the computer is off, the phones are silenced, and the junk food comes out.  It's become our Girl's Night. 
We all pile on my bed and shut the door so that utter silence is guaranteed.  Even though the DVR is set to record, the girls are still ready right at eight o'clock with bright eyes and huge smiles.  And distraction is not an option for the next hour.

I've never publically thanked a TV show or celebrity before, but I guess there's always a first time for everything.  I want to sincerely thank the entire crew of The Vampire Diaries for another successful season and look forward to a third.  It's given  my daughter's and me a truly awesome experience we wouldn't have had otherwise.  And I'd never hear the end of it from either of my daughters if I didn't give a special thank you to (Damon) Ian Somerhalder.  You put a smile on both of my girls' faces and give them something they can both agree on...for at least one hour a week. 

- Heather
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season

No comments:

Post a Comment