Thursday, March 17, 2011

Every Kid's Dream

This week is Spring Break for us, Yay!  I've had all week to devote to my daughters and my writing.  My twelve-year old has been my personal proof reader.  I thought we'd stay up late and read all night, but it hasn't worked out that way.  The other night I even gave her permission to stay up all night with me.  Every kid's dream, right?

By 10 o'clock, she was nodding off.  Her younger sister was laughing at her.  Even guzzling a Mountain Dew couldn't keep her going.  She'd read a few lines and doze back off.  It was priceless.  I guess it's true what they say.  Tell a kid NOT to do it, and they will.  My mistake was telling her she could stay up all night long.  I should've told her to go to bed like any other school night and read till ten.  Then she would've kept begging me for another half hour like she always does, and we might've made it until midnight or 1 a.m. if I was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment